First, let me begin by saying “wow.” This energy is unbelievable, right? It’s overwhelming our whole physiology, and we’re feeling all kinds of uncomfortable sensations right now. Let me give you a taste of faith – like every earth rattling change, things will re-balance themselves, and that means you (and I) will also start feeling better soon.
I, like many of you, have the gift of sight, so I’ve known Donald Trump would be elected from the beginning. After my first vision of him winning the election, I started to experience the feelings of Trump supporters, so I understood the psychology and state of physiology that led Trump supporters to make their decisions. I would talk with those closest to me about this, and I was often met with disbelief. The problem with clairvoyance and clairsentience (or all the “clairs” for that matter) is that you can’t prove it to people until it actually unfolds, and even at that point they see it as nothing but a lucky guess. That’s a whole other blog entirely (10 ways to thrive in a world of non-clair people). LOL! Anyway, back to the point: I had advanced time to start processing a Donald Trump presidency.
What did I do to prepare? A week before the election, I took a day off of work and spent the whole day meditating, fasting, praying, smudging my house and all my crystals, diffusing essential oils, and cleaning my house and my body. Basically, I prepared by clearing my physiology, nervous system, and my space to make sure I could digest the energies as they started to come at me. Many of you didn’t get the chance to prepare, and now you’re digesting this energy as if you are putting a brick of cheese in your guts. Am I right? It’s stagnant and full of densities, and you just need to clear it all out. (Where’s an energetic laxative when we need one.) <==that’s my idea. Don’t steal it. LOL!
Although I did a lot of preparation, I’m still getting hit, and it’s brutal. Have you seen Facebook and Twitter these days? Wow. Lucky for me, and anyone interested in reading this blog, I’ve created a 10 point plan to get you back on solid ground. Let’s dig in!
- Establish a morning routine. Empaths are susceptible to two major emotions: anxiety and anger. Routines are grounding in nature which can pull you back from an anxious state, and the routine itself can diffuse anger. I personally use an Ayurvedic routine that is helpful. You can read more about it here: Ayurvedic Morning Routine If you are feeling out of sorts, focus back on your routine.
- Use oils. I’m not talking about the essential oil craze here – I’m talking about regular oils that you might use for cooking. Oil is literally the “love” of the plant, and if you apply the plant’s love in and out of your body, you will begin to experience a sense of grounding and nourishment. In the morning, I apply about two tablespoons of warm oil to my entire body before showering. If I’m feeling angry, I use a cooling coconut oil, and if I’m feeling anxious, I use organic sesame oil. Start at your head and work your way down to your feet. When cooking, choose a neutral oil like organic sunflower oil, or drizzle extra virgin olive oil on avocado toast for a grounding lunch.
- Sleep, and do it at the right times. We are nature, and that means our bodies work the best when they are tuned in to nature’s rhythms. Make sure you wake up before 6 a.m. in order to have the best start to your day. The hours of 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. is the time your body detoxes from the previous day, so get your butt under the covers and close your eyes before 10.
- Temporarily limit exposure to news and social media. I’m not saying give it up, but during times when you need to work though big stuff, the last thing you need to do is take on additional stress to digest. Give yourself a day or two to focus on your own healing before you go back into the world and take on the energies of someone else.
- Meditate! If this list was in order of importance, I would list it as number one! Meditation, especially the transcendental type, specifically helps to keep you grounded and resilient. In addition to the serious anchoring it provides, a twenty minute session is nearly the same as two hours of deep sleep. Any type of meditation is better than none at all because it can clear those densities quickly and get you back on your feet again.
- Eat regularly and healthfully with warming foods (not spicy!). There’s no doubt that food affects and pacifies emotions, but picking the right foods at the right times will keep you in the best shape. Anxiety is usually airy in nature, so if you’re feeling anxious, eat sweet, salty, and sour foods that are well cooked and spiced without being too spicy. Cinnamon, ginger, cloves, coriander, turmeric and black pepper are all good picks. Soups and stews would be perfect for you. If you’re feeling angry, choose foods that are grounding and cooling. A great lunch might be mixing up two tomatoes, an avocado, a bunch of cilantro and olive oil with salt and pepper to make a topping for warm, buttered toast.
- Evaluate your friends. When the going gets tough, your “friends” might act more like your enemies. You don’t need toxicity in your life, so it’s ok to cull the “friends” list on Facebook when you see abuse. Besides, are those 3,000 people really your friends? Take a look at your social circle. People are in various stages of evolution. When a group goes hiking, people hike at various speeds, and they may take different paths. Eventually we all get to the top of the mountain, and we might all take different paths, but it’s ok if you want to take the path that is the best choice for you. You all end up at the top together – they’re just gathering different experiences at different times. No need to harbor negative feelings. Live and let live.
- Read and listen to good things. In the same way that you digest your food, you also have to digest what you see and hear. Take the time to read inspirational books like daily devotionals. If you’re religious, pick up those religious texts and remind yourself about the love and knowledge that was imparted by other saints and prophets. Listen to praise music. If you’re not religious, read feel-good news or whatever gets you in a good mood. Turn on a song like this and dance: Happy – Pharrell Williams
- Clean and clear your house. Cleaning is the act of removing physical clutter and dirt. Clearing is removing other energetic and spiritual clutter and dirt. Use cleansers that are safe for humans and the environment and are biodegradable or nature neutral. Clear with singing bowls, sage smudge sticks, and incense.
- Remember this: As the age of enlightenment changes from dawn to day, the sun shine is brighter. As the sun shines, we see things more clearly, and sometimes it looks really ugly and makes us feel bad when we see the reality of the mess that had been hidden in the shadows. On top of that, bright sunshine creates darker shadows, and it makes us think and feel like the shadows are scarier than before. Nevertheless, the sun is coming up, day is here, and now we do our work!
There you have it. Believe me when I tell you I’m taking my own advice! I’m off work today, and I’ve been throat deep in laundry and sandalwood incense! If you have any ideas you’d like to share, feel free to post them here.
I pray for a world filled with only love, light, and unity!
The Guru Girl